Why, Hello There Dua Lipa!

 I've been kind of stumped on what to do for my project. It is not that I don't have any ideas, more like I don't know if they are any good or if I have the skills/ resources to pull it off. That's a dilemma for anyone taking a risk though, so at least that means that I plan on challenging myself for this project.

Mini rant aside, I have been looking for new music videos for inspiration and ideas for my own and stumbled upon a semi-old music video by Dua Lipa. The video came out one year ago on March 26, 2020. It is for her song called Break My Heart from her album Future Nostalgia. I don't really listen to her music that often, so I hadn't come across her music videos, but this one really spoke to me. I really like the director's use of transitions in the music video and I put the speed at 0.25 to see If I could catch how they were done.


The Music Video:



FAVORITE FINDS:

#1.





A scene from one filming location was masked and inserted into the window of a toy boat, that was shot in another location, at another time.


#2.









A yellow life vest fills the frame and there is a quick cut to the artist under yellow covers as a transition. So cool! No VFX needed, just practical effects :)


#3.






The pink bubbles match the drink. She was masked out of the bubble bath from the waist up and spliced on top of the pink cocktail. If you look closely, the making job is not perfect, but the action is so fast, you can't even tell.

Maybe ill try one of these in After Effects and post it on my blog soon, it could look cool in my music video!


No comments:

Post a Comment