Location, Location, Location.

 Both the beginning and end of my music video require an actual, physical setting because they are excluded from the whimsical, psychedelic dream sequence; because of this, I somehow had to transform  my living room into a music-video worthy place. 

At first I had envisioned a high tea ceremony with finger sandwiches, macarons and lots of tea. Unfortunately though, I have none of those at my house :( So... I had to compromise. What about my house is different and interesting? PLANTS. My mom is a full on plant lady and collects them for her pot business (hand-painted planters not weed) For that reason I have at least 30 plants just in my living room. I had an idea to make the setting a plant jungle inspired by the rainforest:

My mother just bought some orchids for a new pot she painted and I got a 'vision' for the setting. I have attached an image of it below :)


My mom has several paper backgrounds and I thought using the pale blue, mixing it with some of my mom's sculptures and many plants could give me a unique and interesting visual.

I wanted to test it out before I continue on with the idea. I knew exactly what I wanted so it was actually pretty easy to mentally put together. My mom and sister helped me set it up but the plants were very heavy and MESSY.


I also had my sister wear her costume (which I will finalize and reveal tomorrow), to see how her costume colors work with the location. This photo was taken with an iPhone, but I took a couple of videos with my dslr to make sure it looks good with the camera I plan on using.

Overall, I am really happy with how it looks and have already penciled it into my storyboard. I am happy I was able to make the idea in my head a reality and am excited to see how it looks in my video!!



No comments:

Post a Comment